Using gas in a stove
Cook safely and like a pro with a gas stove
A gas stove is a superior solution for the kitchen of your home – it’s a convenient, environmentally friendly and trendy choice that increases the value of your home. Not only does a gas stove enable you to cook like a pro, but it has many other excellent advantages as well!
In stove use, gas is…
- Hassle-free. As a customer of Suomen Kaasuenergia, you can say goodbye to liquid gas tanks. Our natural gas and biogas are delivered directly to your home through a pipe, so you can rest assured that you’ll never run out of gas.
- Safe. The flame is easy to adjust and can’t be turned on by accident, making it an excellent choice if you have children or pets in the house.
- Professional. Cooking with a gas stove is professional, as the flame is easy to adjust.
- Trendy. A stylish gas stove will increase the value of your home.
- Environmentally friendly. Natural gas is the cleanest form of energy of all fossil fuels, and as a customer of Suomen Kaasuenergia, you can also switch over to 100% renewable biogas, which is produced in Finland from sources such as biodegradable household and industrial waste.
Tips for buying a gas stove
Gas stoves are available at many appliance and kitchen furniture stores, but also at several installers. You should take the following matters into consideration when planning to buy a gas stove:
- The device must be CE-approved and meet all the safety requirements set by the EU.
- The device must have a 2H3P/B label, meaning that it’s suitable for both natural gas and liquid gas. Depending on which type of gas is used, the nozzles must be replaced by a qualified installer.
- There must be enough space between the stove and the extractor hood as determined by the recommendations of the device manufacturer.
- Connecting the gas stove must be carried out by a qualified professional.
Become a gas user!
You can easily become a natural gas or biogas user by connecting your home to your local gas distribution network or if your housing company is already connected to it. Gas is also an excellent choice for new buildings.