Switch over to biogas
A more ecological housing company with biogas
Housing companies using natural gas can easily switch over to 100% renewable biogas. Biogas is no different from natural gas in terms of usage properties, so it can be used wherever natural gas is used. Biogas is produced in Finnish biogas plants from sources such as biodegradable household and industrial waste – in other words, switching over to biogas is an ecological housing company’s choice!
Switching over to biogas is easy
- Decision to switch over to biogas. All housing companies covered by the gas distribution network can switch over to biogas. By switching over to 100% renewable Finnish biogas, you can reduce your housing company’s carbon dioxide emissions to zero!
- Let our customer service know if you wish to switch over. The president of the board or the housing manager can easily notify Suomen Kaasuenergia of your decision to switch over to biogas by contacting us by telephone at +358 (0) 20 690 027 (weekdays 8 am–5 pm), by e-mail at email@example.com or with our electronic contact form.
- Gas consumption metering. When switching over to biogas, the housing company must have a remotely read meter installed to monitor the gas consumption. The meter is installed free of charge if 7 or more apartments use gas.
- Termination of apartment-specific agreements. Suomen Kaasuenergia terminates any apartment-specific gas agreements centrally, whereby the gas agreement is transferred under the housing company’s name..
- The housing company is charged for the gas consumption. After the apartment-specific agreements have been terminated, the housing company is collectively charged for the gas based on actual consumption. The sum of the invoice is split among all the households that use gas by the housing manager.
- Presto! You are supplied with biogas. You can use the gas in your housing company just like before, as the properties of biogas are equivalent to those of natural gas. The only difference is that biogas is fully renewable energy, and your carbon dioxide emissions are down to zero from now on!